Monday, March 12, 2012
Hello
Hello Family! And others.
I'm sorry this email will be a little bit shorter , I had a lot I had to get done in this short hour. This week has gone by really fast and has been really good. No more crazy guy , so that's always fun. He just didn't show back up on Sunday . Basically this week we've been doing a lot of teaching and although our focus is less actives we keep getting so many referrals and there are so many people that are interested and just want to join the church. By so many I mean like 3 or 4. But it's fun to teach them , the conversion is what we're worried about. Anyways we're trying our best to help them along and taking it really slow. Finding less actives and teaching them is still the best part of my week and seeing them remember how they felt back when they were baptized is incredibly rewarding. The people here are super super humble and , like Damortis , really do want to do the right thing ... but are confused how. Most just revert back to their Catholic traditions and so we've got a solid amount of members worshipping idols and praying to Mary and stuff , ha ha. But I love the area. We're also way way close to Malimpec. I've seen a bunch of old friends and it's so much fun to see them again. Last Saturday we had our baptism and it went really well. There were 5 in all that were baptized , 2 from Malasiqui 1 and 3 from us , 2 of which were 8 year old child of records , so that was actually really really good to see them being baptized at the correct age. The convert from our branch was baptized by her older brother , which is way awesome as well. He was a less active that just recently came back into activity and was able to baptize his sister a couple months later. The whole day was sweet and was just ... happy , ha. During the actual ordinances the two witnesses like had their eyes closed! So we're standing in the back being the real witnesses and had to call back 2 baptisms that weren't actually done correctly that the two witnesses up front didn't catch , haha. That was kind of a mess , but they were all done correctly.
Two of the pictures are of my new hair cut , hahaha. I went back to the buzz because it's a win in so many categories .. and I'm hoping it'll keep some of the Hey Joe's and things girls say down a bit. Laugh at the one that makes me look like a monster , please , hahaha. Also in our area buses have stopped heading back to where we live at night .. so we are looking for an apartment in our area .. which would mean bye bye to the 4 elder apartment and the other american , haha , which would not be good. Seeing as Elder Surbona is also an amazing cook and I'm watching him to learn how to cook the things he does when I come home.
That's really all I've got for right now , I'm sorry this is so short ... I really had no time. Also I'm happy the phone call made you happy , Mom , hahaha. She was incredibly sweet and we got a few pictures with them afterwards , as well. She came up to me afterwards and just talked to me for a little bit , then later as she was taking pictures with others she calls me over [i thought she was going to ask me to take a picture for them] and said to write down your number and she'd call. Very very very President Monson-like person. Super sweet.
Side Note- If you can , please send some John By The Way or BYU Devotional Talks through email . I would love that more than any package.
Thank you for all the prayers , see you next week!!
-Elder White
P.S - thank you Bishop Keller for the email! It was great hearing from you , and yes that movie would have been outside the mission policy , haha I'm sorry. I'll see it in 53 years when I come home!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment